Optimistically Cautious

Monday, October 23, 2006

Mini Frittatas

Although I've dabbled in baking here and there, my experience creating appetizers and entrées have been limited. That's why I'm always on the lookout for fast and easy recipes, particularly from my favorite TV chefs. Yesterday, I decided to replicate a frittata recipe I saw on an episode of Giada De Laurentiis' Everyday Italian. Below is a picture of the result:


(So few product were captured because I ate the majority of them before the shot was taken...)

In my opinion, the recipe is foolproof, and you can substitute whatever you have on hand for the filling. In this case, I used mushrooms and turkey breast slices, though I admit a little greenery wouldn't hurt the presentation. Another tip: if you fill the muffin tins about 3/4 full, the frittatas come out perfectly concave. This recipe would make a great appetizer, brunch item, or afterschool snack. I encourage you to try this out and share your favorite filling combinations!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home