Optimistically Cautious

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Un-egg-ceptional: Red Robin's

Dickson and I decided to head to the downtown Red Robin's (11215-104 Avenue) for a bite to eat before catching a play on Tuesday night. With friendly kitsch, bright decor, and unlimited baskets of fries, the restaurant is a solid choice for a casual meal.

I love their economical French Onion Soup - served with a slice of cheese toast, it's the best deal on the menu. This time around though, I decided to spring for the Royal Red Robin Burger, described on the website as, "the aristocrat of all burgers because we crown it with a fresh jumbo fried egg." Mack and Dickson order it without fail, so I figured I'd give it a shot to see what all the fuss was about.

It was certainly filling (as most of their burger meals are), but between the beef and the rest of the fixings, it was difficult to taste the egg at all. Perhaps I'd have to sample it again, but I'm more likely to stick with my tried-and-true bacon and cheese next time.

Defaced tabletop display (courtesy of Dickson)

Royal Red Robin Burger

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home