Optimistically Cautious

Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Cooking Chroincles: Better Butter Chicken

For Jeanie and Chris's housewarming/Jeanie's birthday party, Mack and I made Better Butter Chicken, an Indian favorite from Eat, Shrink and Be Merry. I had helped with this recipe at May's house last year, but for some reason, couldn't really remember the steps involved.

I wasn't sure if using a rotisserie chicken (as opposed to cooking raw chicken) would result in dry-tasting meat, but actually, it turned out fine. Mack did a great job de-boning the bird, flaking off large chunks of meat, while I prepped the ingredients for the base. We followed the instructions closely, with the exception of adding an entire ~750mL can of diced tomatoes. To Mack's surprise, between the two of us, we were able to pull this recipe together in just over a half an hour.

While some of the guests complained that the dish wasn't spicy enough, I personally prefer a milder version of butter chicken. Of course, with the ease of the recipe as a whole, it wouldn't be difficult to incorporate chilies or more chili powder into the sauce to taste.

Thanks for inviting us to your house, Jeanie (and Chris)! And happy birthday!

Better Butter Chicken

In the kitchen

Andrea & Gord

Playing "Rock Band"

Watching "Rock Band"

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming Sharon, and making the delicious butter chicken! I personally like it the way it was because I'm not much of a spicy food person. Can you send me all the pictures you took? I can't believe I didn't take any pictures last night!

April 27, 2008 at 4:58 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

You're welcome - it was fun!

You were too busy playing host to take pictures :).

April 27, 2008 at 5:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

At least you didn't pass out at 10pm like I heard you did last time, Jeanie...

Also, spicy is the way to go, you wusses!

April 27, 2008 at 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home