Optimistically Cautious

Friday, April 13, 2007

A Little Less Wise

Yes, the title is a bad joke, but one I'll only use once in my life, so it's permissible.

I won't subject anyone to the gritty details of my wisdom teeth extraction, but I will say that the entire procedure only took 40 minutes or so (I didn't even get to watch #1 on the noon-hour MuchMoreMusic Countdown!).

I had been dreading the appointment (as I've heard my share of stories - both good and bad - over the last few weeks), but it occurred to me halfway through, sitting in that chair, that the extraction was routine for everyone else involved. So much so that the dentist and his assistant started conversing about last night's episode of Lost (could also be a tactic to convince the patient that everything is going well).

Long story short: I'm not as swollen as I had anticipated; I won't be eating anything substantial for a while; and I look forward to a return to normalcy (also known as being able to eat pizza, chips, steak, etc.).

2 Comments:

Blogger Vitality said...

Glad to hear it didn't go too badly. I think you should celebrate with a piece of pizza!

April 15, 2007 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I think I will be celebrating with possibly an entire pizza :).

April 15, 2007 at 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home