Optimistically Cautious

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Food Notes

  • Sorrentino's really is taking over the city - a second location of Caffè Sorrentino is set to open in the old space previously occupied by the Polka Cafe in Edmonton City Centre.

  • Daawat, purveyors of Indian cuisine, just opened up a second location on Whyte Avenue, with a third planned for Mayfield Common. I'll have to try it some time to see how it holds up against New Asian Village.

  • A bistro called The Passionate Plate will be opening soon next to the south side Italian Centre. New food related ventures are always exciting. I can't wait to pay it a visit.

  • Speaking of the Italian Centre, I shared a panini with my family at Spinelli's, the cafe attached to the grocery store. After high expectations fueled by a glowing review I read, I was quite disappointed with the cold sandwich. Perhaps we have been spoiled to anticipate warm or toasted sandwiches, but the cafe was not equipped with anything to heat the panini up. I will say that the spread used on the bread was quite tasty, but other than that, the panini was like any other cold cuts sandwich.

  • Via eat drink one woman, I found out about the Edge Brownie Pan - where every square is guaranteed two edges. Genius!

  • Bacon lovers unite! The Grateful Palate will help you demonstrate your love of pork with bacon scented candles, a bacon-shaped ornament, and yes, even bacon-print toilet paper.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home