Optimistically Cautious

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Avalanche vs. the Oilers: 0 for 2

For my second Oilers game of the season, I wanted to see Ryan Smyth play for the opposition. He distributed pucks to fans before leaving the warm-up, as he always did, and the "boo birds" did greet him when he touched the puck (though I think, to a lesser extent than his Edmonton debut in a Colorado uniform last month).

Though these seats were much higher than the last time around, I was able to see much better from this height and perspective. Of course, given the outcome was the same (loss), I guess it didn't matter much. It is nice to see the veterans returning to the score sheet (Hemsky!), but sitting in the basement of the conference is not at all reassurring.

On the bright side, it was fun attending a game with a larger group than usual. Thanks for organizing the tickets, May!

Me and my sister


May and her coworkers James and Nathan


My Dad and Mack


Doug and Jared

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"basement of the conference"
hey you stole that off tsn

November 23, 2007 at 11:27 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Haha. Maybe I did :).

November 23, 2007 at 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home