Optimistically Cautious

Monday, February 25, 2008

Food Notes

  • Edmonton Dining Week runs March 7-16. A list of participating restaurants is up, but no menus as of yet. I think I'd like to try Ric's Grill this year.
  • Do you have a renegade child chef on your hands? It seems Food Network is attracting its own very devoted sect of young fans.
  • The headlines incorporating the word "Bam!" have been overdone, so I'll just say: Martha Stewart Omnimedia acquired some of Emeril Lagasse's rights this week.
  • Reality bites: a Chowhound piece about second careers in food that failed. I like Jacquilynne's comment: "I've added this to my favorites so I can come back to it and read it every time the idea that I could totally open a cafe crosses my mind. "
  • How many more Italian chefs needs their own line of EVOO? Giada does, apparently (and seasoning salts too!).
  • How would you like some history with that tea? Hotel Macdonald's Royal Tea & Tour would make a day out with your Mum.
  • My beloved Blue Plate Diner has changed their menu. This wouldn't be so bad, except they forever altered my meatloaf! I tried the "new" version the week before, and while I may warm to it eventually, it just wasn't the same.
  • In Take-Out Adventures: Part 4, my colleague agreed to pick up lunch for a few people from Hoang Long (10715 98 Street) last week. Elma swears by their lunch vermicelli bowls, so I probably should have taken her cue, but when I saw Pad Thai on the menu, I knew I had to give it a try. While the quantity of tofu included was generous, overall, my box of soggy noodles was definitely not worth the $12.95 + tax + tip that I had to pay.

Pad Thai from Hoang Long

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No offense but that looks like something I would barf up

February 27, 2008 at 1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home