Optimistically Cautious

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Reliable Dim Sum: Golden Rice Bowl

On a chilly Saturday morning, I met up with a few of my workmates at Golden Rice Bowl (5365 Gateway Boulevard NW) for Echo's dim sum send-off. I was surprised that a few of my colleagues had never had dim sum before, but then again, there are so many world cuisines I haven't yet experienced that I shouldn't have thought anything of it.

Arriving just after 10am afforded the luxury of immediate seating (try saying that at noon on a weekend), and food carts that didn't have to pass through a mass of tables before reaching us. James remarked that it was "safer" to try new and different food with those already familiar with the dishes - I guess I hadn't really thought of it like that before.

We'll miss you Echo, but you can be sure that we will certainly call you up if we're in your neighbourhood!

Yes, I snuck in a Starbucks coffee...

Chicken feet

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home