Optimistically Cautious

Friday, May 09, 2008

The Cooking Chronicles: Lemon Muffins

I had spied an interesting recipe in the April/May edition of Taste of Home for Lemon Crumb Muffins, and thought they would make an ideal treat for my coworkers.

I started the recipe a little later than I originally intended, but with my Mum’s help, was able to get them in and out of the oven just after midnight. The crumb portion of the recipe didn’t work out (was I supposed to use brown and not granulated sugar?), so I ended up omitting the topping all together. The muffins came out a little paler than I was expecting, and not as lemony as I wanted however, so I’m not sure I’d make them again. My coworkers didn’t seem to mind the imperfections though!

Lemon Muffins

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, most crumbs use brown sugar. Try the Demerara kind. I find the flavour better.

May 12, 2008 at 12:15 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

If the recipe was in fact recommending the use of brown sugar, it is the first I have come across that hasn't specified as such. But thanks for the tip!

May 12, 2008 at 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home