Optimistically Cautious

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

"The name is Fringe. Edmonton Fringe"

While I can't take credit for the clever post title (I gleaned it from an Edmonton Journal article), I was happy to read about news from the Fringe front.

The Edmonton International Fringe Festival has chosen its new theme: "Live and Let Fringe," a play on the 1973 James Bond film, Live and Let Die. Not a bad connection, as it will be 2007 (the year of double-0-7). When I told a coworker about it, she rolled her eyes, but we both agreed that anything would be better than last season's "Hi Yo Fringe...Away!" My personal favorite, however, would be 1998's "A Clockwork Fringe," though I didn't start attending the festival until the following year.

As for companies drawn from the lottery, I will be looking forward to Chris Gibbs' return, Matt Alden's new play, and the Screwed & Clued production. Only eight more months to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home