Optimistically Cautious

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Comfortably Casual: Moxie's Classic Grill

A few of my coworkers and I went to Moxie's Classic Grill on Bourbon Street in West Edmonton Mall (1670, 8882-170 Street) for a bite to eat tonight.

My favorite of the non-Earls, upscale casual chains, I've always found Moxie's inviting, with a good menu and reasonable service. Tonight was no different.

I ordered the Chicken Cannoli (spinach, ricotta cheese and chicken topped off with creamy sauces), which was a first for me, as I almost always choose the Penne Primavera (which typically takes care of a week's worth of vegetables for me). Though the food arrived after a protracted delay, it was worth the wait - the melted cheeses and the sweet tomato sauce complemented the slightly dry chicken well. And with two pieces of crispy, buttery garlic bread, the meal was definitely satisfying.

My one nitpick of the evening was that they "Moxie-sized" my Bellini without confirming with me first, but I will give our server credit for waiting us out (leering at us only once during our lengthy post-dinner chat), as we did overstay our welcome somewhat.

All in all, it was a great night.

Chicken Cannoli

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home