Optimistically Cautious

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Seatbelt Bags

A quick trip into Plaid Giraffe yesterday acquainted me with the novel Seatbelt Bags by Harveys. The line came about when a husband and wife, installing seatbelts into their 1950s Buick, decided to make a handbag out of the material. Out of demand, they ended up making more.

The bags are quite unique - the Laptop Bag in "Race Car Red" would make a durable yet stylish addition to an everyday business wardrobe.


But I think my choice would be the Carriage Baguette (shown below in "Champagne") - the metal clasp makes all the difference to a timeless design.


Still, for an equivalent price of $200, it'd be quite easy to find a leather purse more widely recognizable. So I don't think I'd be able to justify such a purchase...yet.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home