Optimistically Cautious

Friday, June 29, 2007

European Experience 2007

"The use of travelling is to regulate imagination with reality and, instead of thinking how things might be, to see them as they are."
- Dr. Samuel Johnson

That quote comes from the Travel Journal I brought with me and used throughout my European vacation. I found as I filled up its pages, I tried to keep it with me whenever possible, as the document became more and more valuable to me - the photos taken along the way are only half of the story.

Though much of these upcoming blog posts will be a direct transcription of my thoughts recorded at the end of each day on the trip, I'm sure I will not be able to avoid including some observations coloured by my time there as a whole. But to this, I say, all the better, as even looking back now, it is becoming more difficult to separate the individual days and nights, and in some cases, even the cities and countries.

As uploading the photos from my hard drive to Blogger is an exceptionally time-consuming process, I gave in and started a Flickr account out of necessity. Not all of my pictures are on that page, but most of the interesting ones, and certainly all that I will reference, can be found there.

I look forward to your comments, and as always, thanks for reading!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home