Optimistically Cautious

Monday, August 27, 2007

The Cooking Chronicles: Chocolate Amaretti Cake

After being repeatedly exposed to photos of Giada's Chocolate Amaretti Cake, I decided I had to try out the recipe.

Being without a large food processor, I wasn't able to follow the instructions to a T. After grinding the sliced almonds and amaretti cookies separately, I incorporated the morsels into the butter mixture by hand. I also ended up baking the cake for longer than the proposed time, and wasn't able to remove the finished product from the springfoam pan until much later, resulting in a slightly piecemeal presentation.

Not being a huge fan of almonds to begin with probably should have clued me into not making an amaretti-based cake, but somehow I didn't expect the entire cake to taste and smell like it had been dosed with artificial almond extract. My Mum claimed the texture to be like that of a brownie, but I think it was spongier than that, and not as rich or tasty.

Perhaps I messed up the measurements, but I likely will not be making this cake again. Anyone interested in half a box of amaretti cookies?

Chocolate Amaretti Cake

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home