Optimistically Cautious

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Many Happy Returns: Leva Cappuccino Bar

I was on the hunt for a good panini sandwich today, and remembered Leva (11053 86 Avenue). As I was heading to the nearby Jubilee Auditorium later that evening anyway, it was a convenient stopover.

I ordered the 4 cheese and roasted tomato panini, which came served with a lovely vegetable salad dressed with a sweet and sour balsamic vinaigrette. The sandwich was nicely toasted, and the cheese satisfyingly melted.

This was only my second visit to the cafe, but I love Leva's vibe. The choice of classic soul tunes created an upbeat and easygoing atmosphere, and the service has been friendly and helpful. A bonus for me - their selection of cooking and entertaining magazines are a source of welcome distraction for me. Who needs a free daily when you've got Donna Hay?

My only complaint is their cash-only policy. Though they have an in-house ATM, it's hard not to see it as an underhanded cash cow; not only do they not have to pay debit machine and credit card charges, but they also get to collect wayward ATM transaction fees on top of that.

Despite that, I still readily recommend Leva - for their food, coffee, and gelato - but make sure you've got some cash on hand.

4 cheese panini

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home