Optimistically Cautious

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Tidbits: Notes from Edmonton's Epicurean Scene

With the void of local food reporting left by Judy Schultz (the Journal's Liane Faulder will be taking on the post later this year; in the meantime, they have been gleaning material from other CanWest affiliates), I will be relying on City Palate (in addition to Vue Weekly and See Magazine) for updates on Edmonton's food scene.
  • An ad in the January/February edition of City Palate indicates that the Lazia Group's Wildflower Grill (plagued by construction delays) is set to open in February. After so many start-stops, I will believe it when I see it.

  • There's a new Mexican restaurant in town: Mexico Lindo (16604 109 Avenue) is now open in Mayfield Plaza.

  • Along the lines of Tokyo Express, the new Asian Rice Bowl Express (8924 149 Street) offers quick, "healthy" meal options.

  • My coworker Sharon asked me if I knew anything about a new restaurant in the LeMarchand Mansion, and I didn't at the time. Then I read about the Tazzi Cafe (111, 11523 100 Avenue). City Palate notes to "expect casual eastern Mediterranean flavours with a Greek and Arabic accent." Only open until 5pm at the moment, they are planning for a dinner menu in the near future.

  • As reported in Avenue Magazine, it seems Fat Franks has moved indoors to occupy a permanent space inside the Commerce Place food court. I haven't been down there in ages - anyone else?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home