Optimistically Cautious

Monday, March 31, 2008

Random Notes

  • Mack and I decided to go on a photo walk on a lazy Sunday afternoon - just snapping pictures as we wandered around Downtown Edmonton. Check out the photo set here.
  • I received a nice surprise in the mail this week - a package advertising the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra's upcoming season, complete with a CD of music which samples what will likely be played next year. Cool!
  • Teatro la Quindicina will be back in May! At long last.
  • I had to cringe when I saw a page advertising South Edmonton Common as a neighbourhood to visit in the March/April edition of Where Edmonton. Do we really want out-of-towners to think box stores are all the city has to offer?
  • There was actually a banner advertising The Hills on the front page of tsn.ca the other day. Though I'm sure many women frequent the sports website, are there enough in the show's target demographic to make it worthwhile?
  • More Hills-related news: there may be a feature-length film in the works. Seriously?
  • I finally watched Atonement, and boy was it disappointing. I couldn't get used to how the camera lingered on seemingly unimportant scenes for much too long, and how the relationship between Keira Knightley and James McAvoy wasn't fleshed out, especially as it was framed as the crux of the movie.
  • On the good-rental front, I loved Enchanted! The musical numbers were fun, and this was definitely a star turn for Amy Adams. It was nice to see Idina Menzel pop up as well. Have you seen any good movies lately?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Shermie Au said...

I love the Hills, however - I don't think it would work as a feature length movie.

April 1, 2008 at 8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should really know not to visit your blog when I am hungry!

April 1, 2008 at 4:52 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Shermie - I agree. Though I read an interview with Lauren in Metro today where she said that the movie rumors are false.

April 1, 2008 at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home