Optimistically Cautious

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Jimmy Dean Croissant Sandwich

My Mum recently bought a box of Jimmy Dean Croissant Sandwiches, and I tried one the other day in the hopes of recapturing some of the magic from my Tim Hortons' experience.

Sadly, I was disappointed. Microwaved, the croissant became overdone and chewy, not "flaky" as described on the website. Moreover, the cheese vaporized at high heat, leaving a soggy mess of processed egg in its wake. I suppose I could have heated the serving in the oven, but that would have contradicted the "instant breakfast" concept of the sandwich.

At 27 grams of fat, the Jimmy Dean creation isn't worth it. I'd much rather splurge and eat the biscuit-encased Tim Hortons' version instead.

Ready-to-eat

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Or a Tim Hortons.

December 5, 2006 at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home