Optimistically Cautious

Friday, January 19, 2007

From Santa: the Canon PowerShot SD600

My parents were thoughtful and kind enough to buy me a camera this Christmas. As my penchant for photography has steadily developed since beginning this blog, they knew I had outgrown the family camera.

The Canon PowerShot SD600 is perfect to tote around in my purse - lightweight, easy to use, with a large 2.5 inch viewing screen - I feel like I am well equipped to capture passing 'Kodak moments.' Also, armed with a 2GB memory card and waterproof case, the camera really does travel well (though yes, I wish the screen had come with a protective plastic film!).

Besides knowing how to turn the flash on and off, and how to set the quality of the photos taken, I really haven't played much with the features yet. One aspect that I did want to highlight however, is the split second of black that separates the pictures when flipping through them in the play mode - it generates the feeling of a PowerPoint slideshow; very cool.

I look forward to getting to know my camera over the next few months and of course, continuing to post pictures of my culinary adventures!

Front (pictures taken from Steve's Digicams)

Back

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sharon,

Let me know how the camera works. Take some good food pics :) Does it have video capability?

January 20, 2007 at 3:03 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Hi Violet!

Next time you're by for a visit, remind me to show the camera to you.

Yes, there is video capability, though I haven't yet tested it out. Beyond pointing and shooting, I haven't done much with it yet, I'm afraid.

And stay tuned for more food photos :).

January 20, 2007 at 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home