Optimistically Cautious

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Random Weekend Notes

  • I watched Little Miss Sunshine over the weekend. It's easily the funniest movie I've seen in recent memory. Steve Carell was hilariously dry, and Paul Dano, the silent, Nietze-reading adolescent brother, had me in pieces with his looks of eye-rolling indifference.
  • Had a brush with a fake designer bag - bought what I thought was a Diane Von Furstenburg Rolling City Bag from Winners on Friday. But something didn't feel right. I scoured the internet for evidence that this black and white heart-pattered weekender was authentic, but found no trace that this color scheme existed. And knowing that Winners has carried replica merchandise in the past (fake Seven for All Mankind jeans, for example), I promptly returned it today.
  • Visited the Old Strathcona Farmer's Market on Saturday while I was in the neighborhood. It was as lively and bustling as I remembered. Most of the produce there were winter vegetables (carrots, squash, potatoes), but I did pick up a jar of organic strawberry jam that will come in handy when I make Linzer cookies later this month.
  • While on Whyte, I also stopped by The Plaid Giraffe (10340-82 Avenue), an affordable gift and jewelry store on the Avenue. Though I'm not much of a jewelry person, I couldn't help buying a Lavishy 1 inch circle necklace. I figure it'll tide me over until I have the means and the opportunity to buy the Adina version.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home