Optimistically Cautious

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Kitchen Wish List

As I watch television chefs in action, I grow ever-envious of their kitchens: the wide cooking space, the gadgets, the quality utensils. While my Mum's kitchen is fairly well-stocked (who knew we had a mandolin?), there are a few things I intend on adding to our collection:

  • an immersion blender - to more easily make fabulously creamy soups (as seen on Barefoot Contessa);
  • a pizza stone - to create authentically crispy thin crust pizzas (as seen on Ricardo & Friends);
  • a functional, multi-purpose dutch oven (as seen on Everyday Italian);
  • Linzer cookie cutters (to make, well, Linzer cookies); and
  • a set of stainless steel dry measuring cups (sturdier than their plastic counterparts).

I've found Winners to be quite a great kitchen supply store so far, but I'm willing to shop around for a while to find even better prices. The hunt begins!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Just add a butler.

January 25, 2007 at 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home