Optimistically Cautious

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Quotable Women

Annie bought me a lovely page-a-day calendar for Christmas, filled with empowering, witty and feminist quotes from women through the ages. A few of my favorite gems so far this year:
  • "You see a lot of smart guys with dumb women, but you hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy." - Erica Jong
  • "I think - therefore I'm single." - Lizz Winstead
  • "'Stay' is a charming word in a girlfriend's vocabulary." - Louisa May Alcott
  • "A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous." - Ingrid Bergman
And one more - gleaned from the "Telescope" section of the Edmonton Journal's "Sunday Reader" that's too good to forget:
  • "I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against a wall." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home