Optimistically Cautious

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Cooking Chronicles: Mini Linzer Cookies

My original plan was to replicate Ina Garten's recipe for Mini Linzer Cookies in time for Valentine's Day so I could bring the treats to work to share with my colleagues. Due to my difficulty in locating the specialty cookie cutters however, I had to delay my excitement (Call the Kettle Black didn't have them...tsk, tsk). Luckily, my Mum found a set at Winners, so my cooking project was back in the works.

I only had enough room temperature butter for half of the recipe, which was a shame in the end, as the preparation was fairly time consuming with only a moderate amount of product to show for it. Though the directions were simple enough, between the half hour to chill the dough, the fifteen minutes to chill the cut-out cookies, and the ten minutes to allow the cookies to cool before decorating, the "idle" time dragged the process out quite a bit.

Despite slightly-burnt cookies and a dash too much confectioners sugar, I was ultimately happy with the experiment. They'd make a lovely tea time accompaniment or a gift-worthy treat. I hope my workmates enjoyed them!

Mini Linzer Cookies (with organic strawberry jam)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Vitality said...

Thanks for the cookies. They looked fabulous and were yummy. My sister and niece enjoyed them too and I forwarded the recipe to them so they can make more for me! Good luck on your weekend baking.

March 15, 2007 at 8:59 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Thanks :).

March 16, 2007 at 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home