Optimistically Cautious

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Culinary Q & A with Doug

Occupation: Teacher, Facilitator of Resumes, Cover Letters and Interview Skills, Procrastinator plus anything else I feel like that day.

What did you eat today?

Morning --> pankcakes and chocolate
Lunch --> Home made chili from the night before and chocolate
Supper --> Chicken breast, corn nibblets and (for a change of pace) chocolate

What do you never eat?

Apples and asparagus - I shouldnt have any milk products but I keep forgetting until the pain kicks in.

What is your personal specialty?

I like to personalize my ordering of others to do my cooking for me - failing that I love to order in Chinese food.

What is your favorite kitchen item?

Other then my phone ... spatula - only because I saw on The Hour with John Strom ,, op ,,, you know ,,, the other night that the baby naming bureau in Quebec will not allow a Quebec couple to name their child "Spatula". Cowboy and Lucifer was also not allowed for use.

World ends tomorrow. Describe your last meal.

My dad has always made breaded minute steaks and it has always been my "feeling blue with the world - run home to the family" meal that is cooked for me. The next day is the best with some Hys-salt sprinkled on top. Corn on the cob would be a must as well!

Where do you eat out most frequently?

Recently (and perhaps due to Jarets influence) - it seems to be Quiznos subs. I have no idea why we go as the staff at the Oliver Square location scares me and makes me mad at the same time. PLUS the fact that one shouldnt use their debit cards there as your entire bank number is printed on the slip. We must start a revolution and put a stop to this.

What's the best place to eat in Edmonton?

Dadeos on Whyte Avenue. Reminds me of Pop Tate's diner from the Archie comics.

If you weren't limited by geography, where and what would you eat?

I loved living in China due to the places to eat around my college. Eating communially ws an interesting idea and one that I grew to love. Perhaps it was the people and conversation I miss moreso then the food.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home