Optimistically Cautious

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Cooking Chronicles: Strawberry Tarts with Vanilla Buttermilk Pastry Cream

For a Hawaiian-themed spring potluck we were having at work, I decided to make Strawberry Tarts with Vanilla Buttermilk Pastry Cream.

I figured it would be an easy recipe to pull together on a weeknight, as I was using frozen tart shells to begin with. After baking the shells and allowing them to cool, I combined the listed ingredients as directed on the stovetop. Surprisingly, it thickened at the four minute mark as indicated in the recipe, and with the use of an ice bath, reached the perfect consistency. A dollop in each of the shells, then topped with a strawberry, and I was done.

If you're looking for an easy, yet elegant dessert for a dinner party, look no further!

Strawberry Tarts

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Parsons said...

I liked the one I had at work

May 21, 2007 at 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home