Optimistically Cautious

Saturday, May 19, 2007

What do they mean by "lonely?"

My Europe-bound girlfriends came over for a pre-trip planning session this afternoon. In addition to the Internet, they brought over various guidebooks, they have been collecting over the last few weeks. Flipping through one of them, Lonely Planet's Best of London, I came across this text in a section titled "Women Travellers":

"Aside from the rare wolf whistle and unwelcome body contact on the tube, women will find male Londoners reasonably harmless. If you’re over 16, you can buy the morning-after pill over the counter in many pharmacies."

I would have been okay with the information if it was delivered with a little less insinuation, or mirrored with a section titled "Men Travellers" addressing the availability of condoms or other birth control options.

I think I'll be sticking with Frommers.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am happy to announce that I will be buying morning after pills in Canada before I go!

Just kidding...hehe.

May 21, 2007 at 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home