Optimistically Cautious

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Random Notes

  • I'm so glad I'm not the only one - phantom vibrations, or "ringxiety" are becoming more and more common. One man they interviewed for the article made me laugh - he claims to anticipate messages on his Blackberry, "I'll feel it, look at it. It's not vibrating. Then it starts vibrating...I am one with my BlackBerry."

  • Have you seen a hyphen lately? Editors of the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary announced the dropping of hyphens for over 16,000 words.

  • Via the Globe & Mail, here's a fun little blog about the "misuse" of quotation marks.

  • Would you like a side of snark with that card? Also gleaned from the Globe, the tagline for someecards reads, "When you care enough to hit send." Amusing cards (and there are many) include, "I'm ready to change my Facebook status when you are", "Your Starbucks drink order embarrasses me", and "I'd like to offer moral support but I have questionable morals."

  • Ticket prices for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games were released last week. Prospective buyers can now apply to be considered, and for over-subscribed events, a lottery system will be utilized. If you were curious, the gold medal game in men's hockey will cost between $350-775.

  • Speaking of hot tickets, I have heard nothing but good things about NAIT's weekly Student Showcase buffet at Ernest's, put on by students enrolled in the culinary arts program. I called this week to make a reservation, but didn't expect a date so far in advance - April 2008. I would imagine that by now, tables will not be available until the following school year. It had better be amazing.

  • Today happens to be my blog's one year birthday! I didn't quite make it to an average of one post a day, but I'm still happy with how far I've come since last October. Thanks for reading!

5 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

LOL about the vibrating blackberry. I know my cellphone is going to ring because the speakers on my computer chirp about a second before.

I love the pics on your blog!

October 21, 2007 at 12:20 AM  
Blogger Vitality said...

Congrats on your one year anniversary! I like reading all about your good eats and looking at the pics. :) You should be a food reviewer!

October 21, 2007 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Thanks for the compliments :). I'll keep the pictures coming.

October 21, 2007 at 10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One day my phone will be implanted into my brain and all will be awesome.

Congrats on one year!

October 23, 2007 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I'm not sure your brain has room for much else, haha, j/k.

Thanks!

October 23, 2007 at 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home