Optimistically Cautious

Monday, November 26, 2007

The Cooking Chronicles: Scotch Shortbread

When my coworker brought homemade shortbread cookies to the office the other day, I was reminded of a recipe I have been wanting to try for some time. So I hauled out my pink Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book, and flipped to the page with directions for Scotch Shortbread.

The ingredients couldn't be more common - butter, confectioner's sugar, and flour - while the prep was easy and fast. I didn't quite know how to "crimp" the edges, but as no one but my family would be sampling my cookies, it didn't matter so much.

This recipe - while lighting quick to put together - just wasn't good. Much too bland (the cookies are in dire need of sugar), I was not completely without fault, as I was guilty of under baking the batch. Still, this was a surprising first strike to my trusty BHG.

Scotch Shortbread

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bunny-shaped-potato_W0QQitemZ250191367863QQihZ015QQcategoryZ1467QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

November 26, 2007 at 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home