Optimistically Cautious

Monday, March 10, 2008

Food Notes

  • They should have called it Truth: Impossible: it seems Dinner: Impossible host Robert Irvine lied about his credentials and some of his experience, leading to his release from the hit Food Network show.
  • A coup for Canada: Daniel Boulud will be assisting in the transformation of the space once occupied by Feenie's. The best thing about the article is Rob Feenie's quote where he celebrates his own greatness: "Do you think he came cheap? If this is the only way they can replace me, that's great."
  • An amusing rant against the 100-mile diet phenomenon in The Province.
  • I've been looking for food blogs to add to my reading repetoire, and this one caught my eye. I especially like her "Mom Series" - posts written as a tribute to her Mom's traditional Chinese home cooking.
  • Avenue Magazine's March edition is all about food. Check out this comprehensive list of local dinner preparation kitchens.
  • Also from Avenue, a spotlight on Pizzaria Prego (5860 111 Street). I will have to get myself to Lendrum Mall soon to try their Sunrise pie. Made with tomato sauce, mozzarella, bacon, scrambled egg, cheddar and tomatoes, it would be like having breakfast for dinner!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited when I first read a new chef was going to be at Lumiere when I read it in the Globe and Mail. I'm also psyched that West is opening up with a new chef in Vancouver.

March 11, 2008 at 9:25 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Based on the Globe article, the chef de cuisine (Dale MacKay) will be sticking around at Lumiere, but will be working with Boulud on a new menu. Boulud will be bringing in a new chef to the former Feenie's though.

I've heard good things about West! Between West, Vij's, and the new DB Bistro Moderne, we will have the ultimate Vancouver dining trifecta.

March 11, 2008 at 6:52 PM  
Blogger Meandering Eats said...

Hi Sharon! Wow, thanks for linking to my blog. Your web addy popped up in my Google Analytics and I've been wondering how I was getting referrals from your site. :) I appreciate the kind words!

April 2, 2008 at 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home