Optimistically Cautious

Friday, March 21, 2008

Girls' Night In

You know you are old when: instead of ordering pizza or takeout of some kind, you decide to flex your communal cooking muscles and prepare food as a group.

That's what Annie, Janice, May and I did on Thursday. Well, I guess I can't say I helped much, as my salad and cake contributions were already prepared, but it was fun to be in an active kitchen as a group nonetheless!

Annie and parsley

May flavouring her chicken dish

Janice checks on her curry chicken

Busy stovetop

The food turned out great, as you can see in these pictures:

Annie's pasta

May's Pineapple Chicken

Janice's Curry Chicken

Presenting my chocolate cake, crazed Martha Stewart-style

I can only hope we will have more such gatherings in the future. I love to cook, but cooking with friends is always even more fun!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Shermie Au said...

That looked fun!

March 23, 2008 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

It was :).

March 23, 2008 at 3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL....you belong on 'desperate housewives'!

March 23, 2008 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Haha, maybe in a few years.

March 24, 2008 at 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home