Optimistically Cautious

Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Cooking Chronicles: Super Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

This shouldn't really qualify as a "Cooking Chronicles" entry, as what I made tonight was essentially baked peanut butter, but I wanted to include a picture, so here it goes:

Thwarted by my inability to find polenta flour, I was forced to switch from my desired Lemon Almond Polenta cake to my plan B craving, which this weekend has been Peanut Butter Cookies. I typically try to avoid recipes printed on the back of packages, but for ease and all-out laziness, I resorted to Kraft's suggestion, albeit substituting the chunky version instead.

I think the preparation time worked itself out to 5 minutes, so topped off with 15 minutes in the oven, this was by far the fastest cookie recipe I've ever tried. The end product was all right - I should have omitted some of the sugar, but really, for 20 minutes, I can't complain.

SEPBC

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sharon,

I made these cookies last weekend for the first time and with less sugar than they suggested. They are good for me being a non baker. Anything called super easy in a recipe is for me!

Vi

February 11, 2007 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I'm sure you can graduate beyond "super easy," but feel free to share any recipes that you think I might enjoy too :).

February 11, 2007 at 6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are simple recipes in the Kraft What's Cooking magazine ... it's a free subscription you can sign up at: http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/VanityURLs/free/free.htm

the key word is 'simple' :)

February 11, 2007 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Hee, I just signed up for that recently, after prompting from another friend. Thanks for the suggestion though! Let me know of your own cooking experiments :).

February 11, 2007 at 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home