Optimistically Cautious

Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Cooking Chronicles: Vanilla-Fudge Marble Cake

I had been craving cake for a while, and remembering a quote from Ricardo Larrivée that I read somewhere about how people should only eat the sweets they make themselves, decided to buck just heading to the store and bake myself a Vanilla-Fudge Marble Cake.

I really liked the use of chocolate syrup in the recipe - simplifying the chocolate additive by at least a step or two (instead of say, having to melt baking squares). The batter came out thicker than I expected, but it didn't seem to affect the final product. As I couldn't locate our fluted pan, I had to use a spring foam pan in its place. It wasn't a bad choice for ease of removing it from the pan, but I would have preferred a decorative and not plain circular shape. In the end, it didn't really matter - the cake was moist, sweet, and contained just the right amount of chocolate flavor. I can see it working quite well as a birthday cake.

I will be bookmarking the recipe for future reference.

Slice of Vanilla-Fudge Marble Cake

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home