Optimistically Cautious

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Film: "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End"

Over the weekend, I watched the second of three summer blockbusters I've been looking forward to, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

I don't have too much to say, not because I didn't enjoy the movie, but because I can't say I really understood what was going on. Between Calypso's heightened importance, the drudgeries of Davy Jones' servitude, and Jack Sparrow's dead/not dead state, I ended up throwing the details to the wind and decided to just sit back, soak up the special effects, spirited soundtrack, and marvel at the on-screen wonder that is Orlando Bloom (he's just so darn pretty!). Though some would disagree, I was really rooting for Bloom and Keira Knightley's characters to end up together (the hopeless romantic that I am), and so I didn't find the post-credits scene cheesy at all. As they parted at the beach at the end of his free day, I thought their honeymoon was much too brief - the movie was definitely tipped in favor of action sequences over romance!

So though it was a fun ride, I'd be fine with Pirates ending on this note.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home