Optimistically Cautious

Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Cooking Chronicles: Spinach Stuffed Tomatoes

As a practice run before my (fingers crossed) dinner party this month, I decided to make Giada's Herb Stuffed Tomatoes for my Mum's birthday potluck this weekend.

Guided by many user comments that indicated that parsely was too strong, I substituted the recommended spinach instead. But who knew spinach was so hard to wash? Besides that challenge, I found the task of hollowing out the tomatoes more time-consuming than anticipated, and likely ended up with less pulp simply due to my ill-experience.

The final product was all right - the dish was presentable, but I received mixed reviews on the amount of provolone I included. As well, the breadcrumbs made the filling a tad dry, so I'd be sure to pour in some of the excess tomato juice (seeds strained out, of course) next time.

Not a bad vegetable side dish, but one I'll have to play around with a few more times to get right.

Spinach Stuffed Tomatoes

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be bringing my camera as well as my food critic pundit's hat. ;)

June 10, 2007 at 5:50 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Bring your food critic credentials too, buddy! :)

June 10, 2007 at 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home