Optimistically Cautious

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

"What are our other options?" Denny's

Edmonton has a dearth of late night dining spots, especially early on in the week (I am vainly hoping for a time when Edmonton can support late night hot dog stands a la Toronto). So after Die-Nasty, Mack and I resorted to the southside Denny's (3604 Gateway Boulevard) for a bite to eat.

I don't really have anything against Denny's (unlike, say, Earls), but given the choice, I'd pick other family-friendly establishments like Boston Pizza or Swiss Chalet any day. Still, nothing beats reasonably priced all-day breakfast plates.

I can't remember a time where I've ordered anything but breakfast at Denny's, and I didn't think to buck the trend this time, opting for the Meat Lover's Scramble (two eggs scrambled with chopped bacon, diced ham and crumbled sausage, and topped with Cheddar cheese, served with two strips of bacon, two sausage links, hash browns and three fluffy buttermilk pancakes). Mack ordered the new Slamburger, unique for the inclusion of an egg cooked to order.

The food wasn't anything special, but as to be expected, was reliably filling. And though I wouldn't describe the fare as "high quality," there's something to be said for their consistency.

Slamburger and Seasoned Fries

Meat Lover's Scramble

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home