Optimistically Cautious

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Queen Elizabeth High School's Night of Music

Dickson and I headed to Annie's school of Queen Elizabeth High for their annual Night of Music event. It seems I've been so far removed from the school environment that I had to be reminded of the positive, infectious energy young people exude when they are focused on achieving a goal. In this case, it was musical performance.

The students did better than I expected, and I enjoyed in particular the rendition of the always charming Barenaked Ladies' song "If I Had A Million Dollars," and the vocally-challenging Elvis Presley number "A Little Less Conversation." Before the acapella group HOJA closed out the concert, the audience was treated to a version of the "Evolution of Dance" (check out the original on YouTube; the guy is now paid to perform his act all over the U.S. at various conferences and events).

Thanks for the invite, Annie!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home