Optimistically Cautious

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Power of Blogging

Two of my blogging-inclined friends informally challenged me when they found out that I had started a blog of my own. The first was to maintain this blog for at least three months. The second was to reach a post count of three hundred. Well, I'm over halfway to the first milestone, but still two hundred and fifty shy of the second, so I have miles to go before victory can be declared.

I'm not sure if it's my inherent nature to compete, or the excitement born from a new project, but I find myself having to consciously check my blog at the door. What I mean is that in my quest to document the new, unknown, and yet to be discovered (particularly in the culinary world), I feel like I'm living to blog, when it really should be the other way around.

As someone still clinging to her discman while iPod gangs reign supreme, I'm shocked at the speed of how this new-to-me technology has surpassed my good sense.

But if the first step to fixing a problem is admitting that it exists, then I'm well on the road to recovery. I hope.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will become simply natural at some point. Blogging shouldn't be seen as "a problem"!

In fact, I think it's healthy, as it gets you reading and writing on a regular basis.

December 13, 2006 at 3:01 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I guess the issue with me is that I tend to operate on extremes, and get really involved with new projects - so much so that they may interfere with other things. I hope to be able to seamlessly integrate blogging into my life as it was B.B. (Before Blogging) :).

December 13, 2006 at 7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...it's probably not healthy to have acronyms like that...

December 14, 2006 at 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home