Optimistically Cautious

Friday, December 08, 2006

Reliable Standby: Swiss Chalet

My family and I had supper at Swiss Chalet in South Edmonton Common (2203-99 Street) this evening. Not glamorous but comfortable, Swiss Chalet is among my favorite casual dining spots - affordable, with a good menu, consistent quality, and friendly service.

We snagged seats in the lounge, as the dining room was buzzing with a typical frenzied Friday night crowd. Had I not been fending off a cold, I would have gone with my predictable selection of chicken pot pie, but today, I opted for the chicken quesadilla with a side of chalet chicken soup.

Though our food arrived after a longer wait than usual, I was happy with my dish. The portion size was larger than I expected, with four generous slices each packed with a healthy dose of chicken, cheddar cheese, onions and bell peppers. The soup was great as well - hot, flavorful, and filled my psychological need for chicken broth.

I hope to be well enough to enjoy an order of chicken pot pie soon!

Chicken club wrap with fries

Chicken quesadilla with chalet chicken soup

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home